Parents and cheerleaders may sign up to work at the KC Pumpkin Patch in Olathe, KS in the fall. Shifts will be available at various times during the pumpkin patch's season, which runs from late September through October 31. Exact dates forthcoming.
Pumpkin Patch Signup Procedure
- Contact Sunni Kerns to indicate your interest in shifts at the Pumpkin Patch. She will add you to the WhenToWork website as an employee and you will receive an email with instructions on how to create a login. You will use that login to sign up for shifts through that website. (Note: if you worked last year you can use the same login information).
- Visit whentowork.com and enter your login information. You will be directed to the Pumpkin Patch schedule, where open shifts will be available.
- Each shift will indicate how much it pays and the age requirements for that shift.
- Some shifts are "teen shifts," which means teenagers between the ages of 16 and 18 are eligible to work these shifts.
- Teens and adults can both work "teen" shifts, but teens cannot work shifts intended only for adults.
Pumpkin Patch Cancellation Policy
- Shifts must be dropped at least 2 weeks prior to the shift date.
- You may drop a shift by going to the trade board within whentowork.com. You can also use the trade board to pick up extra unwanted shifts.
- Each shift is your responsibility until it is picked up by someone else.
Pumpkin Patch Attire
The Pumpkin Patch is located outdoors during the fall in Kansas. Please plan on wearing many layers as well as closed-toed shoes for your shift at the Pumpkin Patch.
Pumpkin Patch Payment
- Payment for the pumpkin patch will be posted to your Booster Club account in November
- Your account will be credited one time for all of the shifts you work during the season, regardless of how many shifts you worked.
- Volunteers must sign in at the Pumpkin Patch when they report for their shifts. You will not be paid if you do not sign in.