We're loving SUMMERTIME at KC Cheer! When you're not working hard building your skills in the gym, we want to see the Summer fun that everyone is having outside of the gym! Check out the Instagram contest rules below, and get to posting!
1. Take a photo of you and your friends showing your KC Cheer/American spirit wearing your tanks! Show us the fun stuff you're doing this summer, and get creative!
2. Make sure you're following @kc_cheer_ on Instagram (www.instagram.com/kc_cheer_). If your account is not public and you are not following KC Cheer, we won't be able to see your entry!
3. Post your photo to Instagram! Make sure to tag @kc_cheer_ and use the hashtag #KCStrongandBrave
4. You can enter as many times as you like. We can't wait to see everyone's cool summer plans and KC Cheer PRIDE!
5. The winner will recieve 1 month of unlimited tumbling classes for free!
Remember, this is INSTAGRAM ONLY!! While we love to see KC Cheer spirit everywhere, only entries on Instagram will be judged.
We had a great time at our Team Reveal event this week, and are excited to get started on the upcoming season! Please click on your team logo below to find information on practice times for the summer and the fall, as well as the dates for your skills and choreography camps. CAMPS ARE MANDATORY. Summer practices will start June 5, and Fall practices will start in mid-August, around the time school starts. We will let you know closer to the date. Mark your calendars now!
There is also a link to sign up for email notifications on each "team page." Make sure you sign up so we can add you to the list!
If you were unable to attend the team reveal on Thursday and need to know what team you're on, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be holding our first Cheer Prep informational parent meetings and athlete evaluations in June. Athletes choosing to participate through the summer can take advantage of tumbling class discounts by registering in June. The dates for parent meetings are listed here, and there will be additional meetings closer to the season start date of October 1.
Sign up for one of the following parent meetings by clicking this link or on our class page in order to receive your June class discount.
Monday, June 12 at 5:30 p.m. in the Arena
Tuesday, June 13 at 7:00 p.m. in the Arena
Please visit the Cheer Prep section of the website for additional information
Thank you to everyone who has come through our tryout clinics. We are very excited for the upcoming season. Although the groups listed are by level, please keep in mind that this evaluation was based on individual skill only. Over the next few weeks, all cheerleaders will be required to perform a level-appropriate stunt sequence, standing and running group tumbling pass and jump sequence. Since this is a TEAM sport, being able to perform these skills in a group is essential to the success of our team.
The first group practices begin on Monday, May 15. All cheerleaders should meet in the main gym and will be directed to their assigned groups after warm-ups.
May Practice Times:
- Mon & Wed 4:30-6:30 age 6-8
- Tues 4:30-6:00 ages 5 & under
- Tues & Thurs 5:00-7:00 age 9-18
May practice Times:
- Mon & Wed 4:30-6:30 ages 8 & under
- Tues & Thurs 5:00-7:00 ages 9-18
May Practice times:
- Tues & Thur 7:00-9:00 ages 8-18
Collins, Ann Marie
May Practice times:
- Mon & Wed 5:00-700 ages 9-18
Van Wyngarden, Julie
May Practice Times:
Mon & Wed 7:00-9:00 ages 9-18
Thieverge, Morgan Catdog
KC Cheer would like to give some advice in light of this time of year, with postseason competitions, tryouts and parent meetings. We are so proud to be one of the most successful competitive cheerleading programs in the world. Our years of experience and operation have continued to prove successful in both instruction and business operation. There are many gyms that have tried to model after the quality of our product in Kansas City and we take pride in the way we run our business. As you begin your child's cheerleading career, here are a few things to keep in mind as you go through this process of team selection and tryout meetings. We will answer these questions and any others at our parent meetings.
- Are the coaches of the program trained, credentialed, and experienced in the training and supervision of children?
- Allstar Cheerleading is a financial investment for your child with associated expenses for things like clothing, uniforms, travel, tuition, choreography, etc. Are these fees listed and explained in all published materials, as well as which fees are mandatory and which are optional?
- Does the program you are joining have requirements for athlete participation in various competitions? Some programs (like ours) will require for your athlete to stay at their designated hotels and book through their travel companies for out of town competitions.
- What is the practice schedule for your child? Be sure to understand the required commitment it will take to be involved and participate in an internationally-ranked program. Practice attendance is mandatory for most commitments even outside of cheerleading.
- Is the gym with which you are involved making a profit from travel charges to your athlete? Be sure to understand how hotel, bus and competition expenses are paid for.
- Are you aware of who is operating various fundraising programs and booster club involvement. Is your Booster Club a 501(C) 3 and a separate organization that supports the members of the program?
At KC Cheer, we have successfully operated as an A+ Business in Kansas City for 18 years and will continue to bring great success to our city, state and country. We are looking forward to the 2017-2018 season and welcome any and all parents to thoroughly read our website where we provide most of our paperwork and information, raise questions at the parent meeting or to come meet with us or contact us personally to talk about your child’s involvement in our world class program. We are happy to answer all of these questions and many more at our parent informational meeting. We hope you will join us May 9th at 6:00 p.m. in the arena.
There is no open gym today (March 25) as we are at a competition in Kansas City. Have a great weekend everyone!
KC Cheer Master Schedule (the one we will update as we learn new times)
NCA Varsity Event Hub (Competition schedules, results, live stream information)
KC Cheer General Trip Information (general announcements, mostly stuff you should already know, seeing as this is our 3rd trip this season)
KC Cheer Level 4 Information (Fantasy and Fortune)
KC Cheer Level 2&3 Information (Fever, Force, Fiesta, Fame, Flawless)
KC Cheer Level 5 Information (Ferocious, Fearless, Fierce 5)
KC Cheer will be ordering t-shirts for families and friends to order with the team slogan chosen on our trip to ASC.
Shirts are $15 and must be ordered by Monday, February 13. Shirt is a black t-shirt and comes in sizes Youth Small - Youth XL and Adult Small to Adult 2XL. Email Mary Lewis with size and qty, and she will charge total to your Jackrabbit account.