We're excited to continue the season at ASC Central Nationals in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma! Below you will find many travel details and guidelines for the upcoming weekend. Please have this information handy to refer to throughout the weekend.
Parents, get in the Pro Shop and get your light up sticks and Spirit wear! Let’s not let anyone outshine our spirit with their light up sticks and constant clapping!
The competition is held at the Cox Convention Center in downtown Oklahoma City. We are staying at the Renaissance Hotel & the Sheraton Hotel (due to the size of our room block request we have rooms in both hotels).
If you were in Indianapolis last weekend the same rules and expectations apply. If this is your first trip, we have included them below.
Our main goals for this weekend are for cheerleaders to perform to the very best of your ability, and you support all KC Cheer teams by cheering them on at each performance. We also ask that you conduct yourselves in a responsible and respectable manner. We'd also like for our parents to help us monitor our athletes this weekend. Please give them support and guidance when they need it. Bring your loud voices, noise makers and KC Cheer spirit to each and every performance.
Before we go
- You are representing KC Cheer! Please be considerate of others in the hotel, show great sportsmanship on and off the floor and follow all curfew rules.
- KC Cheer team members are required to be at all KC Cheer performances. No exceptions. The venue in Oklahoma City makes it very easy for us to see if there are people in the crowd, and we want to have a large crowd for each team! Staff will take attendance randomly throughout the day. Schedules are all listed below for you to reference all weekend. We suggest screenshotting them so you have them in your phone
- No swimming is allowed during the competition. If you are staying Sunday night and choose to swim after all competition is complete, that is fine.
- This is not a vacation. Remember that you are here to compete. That means your first priority is your team, your gym and all performances and practices that go with being part of this group.
- Do not make plans that will interfere with any practice or performance.
- All cheerleaders should make sure they have their phones with them as team parents will be sending text messages to notify people of last minute instructions.
- Please do not allow your child to travel between the hotel and arena alone.
- KC Cheer has a team room in the convention center. We will show you that room on Friday evening. Please understand that teams will be using this room throughout the weekend for a meeting place and any practices we may need. Do not leave your valuables in this room, as it will not be locked.
- Open containers are not allowed on the bus. All drinks must have a lid.
- You must share seats on the bus. (Unless you paid for a double seat)
- Please remember the four seats in the first row of the bus are reserved for the coaches
- Cheerleaders should wear comfortable clothes on the bus.
- The buses are equipped with TVs for movies. Please make sure your movies are age appropriate.
- Cheerleaders are to ride their team buses. If you have cheerleaders on more than one team please inform the coach which bus your cheerleader will be riding if you want them to ride together. Cheerleaders under age 12 are required to have a parent with them on the bus.
- If you are going to make different arrangements to get home from Oklahoma City, please inform the person who is in charge of your bus before Sunday night.
- Cheerleaders must clean up after themselves. If a bus is left dirty, the team responsible will condition at practice in the future!
- Do not leave items on the bus, as they may not be there on Sunday when you get back on.
Please see below for a list of things you'll need for this weekend. Athletes are required to be in the designated attire for that day, so it is important you pack all of the items on this list.
Oklahoma City Packing List
- Uniform top
- Uniform bottom
- Cheer shoes
- Hair spray
- Red Bow
- White Bow
- Sparkle Practice Wear
- Infused practice wear
- KC Cheer warmup (black pants or black leggings if you don't have a warmup)
- KC Cheer team t-shirt
- KC Cheer red tank
- Hair clips
- Straightener/curling iron
- Medications (if needed)
- Pillow and blanket for the bus
- Snacks for the bus
- Cell phones/chargers
- Money for meals
- All cheerleaders should wear the outfits outlined for each day when not in competition uniform during our stay in Indy. Do not leave your hotel room in a sports bra and spandex.
- Cheerleaders are always allowed to be in warmup jackets and black pants or warmup pants when at competitions.
- The gym shirt is an item that every cheerleader must have. All cheerleaders were given one. If you lost yours you need to purchase a new one, because it is required attire for the weekend.
- Cheerleaders must be dressed in gym shirt and black pants or warmup when not in uniform. No PJ pants, jeans or other street clothes!
- Cheerleaders must be in full uniform for awards ceremonies. They will not be allowed on stage if they are not in full uniform.
Friday, January 27
ATTIRE: ANYTHING COMFY
All athletes are required to ride the bus to Oklahoma City. The buses will leave from the Blue Valley Recreation Baseball complex located at 137th street between Switzer and Antioch in Overland Park (map at right). The parking lot is on the south side of 137th street and closest to Antioch. Please be on the bus by 11:45 a.m. so that we can leave promptly at 12:00 noon.
We will not stop between KC and Oklahoma City, please bring snacks & drinks on the bus with you. The only stops will be for drivers breaks. Cheerleaders are NOT allowed off the bus at drivers breaks.
Friday Evening Dinner and Practices
Attire: BLACK SPARKLE PRACTICE WEAR WITH RED KC CHEER TANK AND WARMUP PANTS TO WALK TO Dinner and Practice
When we arrive in Oklahoma City, Cheerleaders should take bags to their rooms and get ready for the athlete dinner provided by the Booster Club and practices afterward.
We will meet all teams in the lobby of the hotel and walk them over to dinner at 6:00 p.m
Cheerleaders will be returned to the hotel lobby after the gym dinner and practices. Coaches will let team moms know what time to expect their teams back to the hotel lobby.
- KC Cheer enforces a strict 10:30 curfew, as do both hotels we are staying in this weekend. All cheerleaders must be in their assigned rooms by 10:30 p.m. with lights out by 11:00.
- The KC Cheer staff and parents will be patrolling both hotels to enforce this curfew. There will be serious consequences for anyone found outside of their rooms past curfew. We have had to use these punishments before and have no problem using them again. You're here to do a job, and we need all athletes to be well-rested for the long days ahead.
Saturday, January 28
ATTIRE: BLACK TEAM SHIRT (WITH THE GOLD FOIL) AND BLACK PANTS WHEN NOT IN UNIFORM, WHITE BOW.
All team members (with the exception of First Ladies) will meet in the hotel lobby at 9:15 a.m. to walk over to watch First Ladies perform at 9:48 a.m. For the zillionth time (in case you keep forgetting), it is required that all team members be at every KC Cheer performance unless they are in the practice room with their teams.
The schedule for Saturday is as follows (for a complete performance order go to www.ascspirit.com). Teams should be dressed and ready when they meet their coaches.
Saturday Performance Schedule
We will have a gym meeting at 5:30 in our Team Room to review the day and give instructions for Sunday. All teams will have practices following this meeting, unless they practiced earlier in the day.
Sunday, January 29
Attire: BLACK TEAM SHIRT (GOLD FOIL) AND BLACK PANTS WHEN NOT IN UNIFORM. RED SPARKLE BOW.
Performance order is determined by placement of Saturday. We will have a schedule available as soon as we know team placements.
Everyone will need to check out of the hotel by 11:00. We will have a place to store luggage at the hotel or we may load luggage on the buses in the am before we compete. This will be covered in the Saturday night meeting. Either way we will need to be checking out at 11:00.
We will load buses at the end of the competition on Sunday, around 7:00 pm. Please be sure you have something to eat to bring on the bus with you. The buses will not stop on the way home.
We are looking forward to a great trip! The teams have been practicing hard and are ready to compete!