Fill a bag and make a difference!
KC Cheer has partnered with Red Racks Thrift Stores to collect donations to benefit Disabled American Veterans (DAV). Want to help a local Vet and raise funds for your trip to The Summit or Worlds? It's as simple as cleaning out your closets!
Here's how it works:
- Collect a heavy-duty trash bag (33 gallon) full of the goods listed at right
- Bring your bags to the main gym on Saturday, April 7 from 1-4 or Sunday, April 8 from 1-6
- You can start with items in your own home and ask neighbors if they have anything to donate!
- Each bag will be weighed once you drop it off. You will receive 15 cents per pound that your trash bag weighs. The average 33 gallon trash bag weighs about 35 lbs when full. If you can collect 10 bags worth of items, that's $50 for your athlete! (10 bags x 35 lbs = 350 lbs)
Items We are Collecting:
- Bags, purses, wallets
- Belts and scarves
- Gloves and hats
- Stuffed Animals
- In order to benefit individually from the items you drop off, athletes must donate at least five full 33 gallon bags. If you donate fewer than five bags, your donation will go into the "pool" that will divided evenly between all teams
- Please make sure your bags are heavy duty! We don't want them ripping and items falling out!
- Bags must be full to count toward your 5 bags for individual benefit. If your bag is not full or smaller than 33 gallons, this will go toward the "pool" for all teams rather than your individual benefit.
- Bags must be clearly marked with athlete's name and team name to benefit individual goal. All unmarked bags will be divided evenly between all teams
Questions? Contact team moms or Misty Fridkin (816-213-5737 or firstname.lastname@example.org)